Tony Harris – NTPL Legatee Participant Kokoda Trek 2020
KOKODA TREK 2020 EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
For a number of years, groups of NT and NSW Police Officers have undertaken an annual hike across the infamous Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea. Each year, the Police Officers involved have raised funds to pay for Police Legacy Legatees to accompany them. Once again an invitation has been extended to NT Police Legacy Legatees to apply to join this group
The process for the 2020 trek has begun and we are now inviting Police and Fire Officers to participate which means we are also inviting expressions of interest from NT Police Legacy Legatees. This year we will be accepting applications from all NT Police Legacy Legatees aged between 18-30 years. Applicants must be registered on the NT Police Legacy database as Police Legatees). We will also accept applications from parents who would like to do the trek with their children who are 18 and over.
To be suitable for participation in the 2020 Kokoda Trek you must:
Be aged 18 years old as of December 2019
- be aware that the trip will be physically demanding and mentally challenging
- be prepared to reach a high level of physical fitness prior to the trip
- participate in a face to face/skype/facetime interview with NT Police Legacy Board and selected interviewers if required
- attend mandatory practice hikes as required
- be willing to actively fundraise
- be available from 15th to 26th April 2020 inclusive (the proposed dates for the trip)
Those NT Police Legacy Legatees who meet all of the above criteria and are interested in being considered for the Kokoda trip in 2020 should contact the secretary for an Expression of Interest form.
The full cost of their accommodation, meals and travel as part of the trek package will be covered by funds raised by participating Police Officers undertaking the Kokoda Trek.